All coaches know they will need that one play to put them over the top and in the win column during the last seconds of a game. Don’t be the coach who forgot to practice a last second heroic full court play and hope your players understand what you drew up in your last 30 second timeout.
- Print it.
- Draw it.
- Screen shot it.
Just remember to practice it before it’s too late.
Join Thousands of Other Coaches Who Receive My Weekly Emails
Receive weekly emails from a coach who is in the trenches of coaching just like you are. You'll receive drills, plays, videos, pdfs, and other exclusive resources.
Join Today and Get My Coaching Checklist and Rebounding Drills Ebook
In this last second full court play you’ll need to sell the short ball first and then go long.
- players 1, 2, and 3 all line up at half court and start going back to the ball
- after two to three steps they turn around and run to the far end
- player 5 starts as the long option and than sprints to the top of the key
- player 4 throws the ball to player 5
- depending on the time player 5 can shoot the ball or look to pass to a wing
- do this play with 10 seconds, 7 seconds, 4 seconds, and 2 seconds so your players get a feel for how much time they have to make a pass, dribble, shot fake, etc. before the buzzer sounds